Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:37:01 +0200 (EET)
From:      Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   VCD (DivX) to DVD

Hi all,
i am FreeBSD 5.3* workstation/server user/admin and now i need
to do some multimedia as well.

The problem:
I own some VCDs (DivX) (the ones that newspapers give away), which
my funai DVD player at home should easily play.
This is not the case unfortunately.
My funai dont play any VCDs.
So my problem is kinda unusual:

I want to convert these VCDs to DVDs.

I have played with mplayer, dvdauthor, etc...
but the set of standards governing multimedia DivX, VCD, DVD, MPEGx,etc..
sound a little chinese to me.

I have managed to view the movies on my FreeBSD 5.3-BETA2, with
mplayer-gtk-esound-0.99.5_2, but didnt know what to do next.

I would be a greatful (and even more happy) FreeBSD user, if somebody
could
give a direction on how to accomplish this task.

Unfortunatelly, i try all the above as a "break" from my ordinary job,
which leaves few possibilities for extented reserach.

Thanx.

--
-Achilleus