Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:35:15 -0000
From:      "Joe Kraft" <hishadow@netcabo.pt>
To:        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: vlc-0.4.4

I'm familiar with vlc on a Win32 platform, but am interested in using it
with FreeBSD.  I was looking at the port information for vlc, it shows
version 0.4.4 which was released a quite a while ago.  There are some
curiosities though in the dependencies it lists libdvdcss-1.2.5 which was
released a couple of weeks ago.

Is there a plan to upgrade the port to 0.5.0?  Is it already upgraded and
just the name needs changing?  I'm not too familiar with the FreeBSD ports
collection, so if I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Joe Kraft.