Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:42:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/4846: Install option for HTML docs does not work - FDIV076

>Number:         4846
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Install option for HTML docs does not work - FDIV076
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

Fresh Install of 2.2.5-RELEASE.

(Preface: This is really an installation problem, but we don't seem to have
a category for things pertaining to that.  Since this issue also deals with
an apparently-missing port, I put this report in the "ports" category.)

After installing 2.2.5-RELEASE and while still booted from boot.flp,
I selected the HTML Docs option in the General Configuration menus.
Although the entire install from completed with files from ftp.freebsd.org,
the version of lynx (2.7.1) it requested apparently does not exist
at ftp.freebsd.org, nor at ftp2.freebsd.org.

Note also that when attempting the retry option the menu system offers, it
instantly says the item is not available, without actually attempting
a connection to the destination system.   You have to go into Media
and select something (including the same system) and go back to HTML Docs
before it will actually try contacting that system again.

I also tried to locate lynx via the Packages option and could not locate
it there, even under the All selection.  This was with the index
downloaded from ftp.freebsd.org.

>How-To-Repeat:

Install FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE from the boot.flp using FTP from
ftp.freebsd.org.  Visit General Configuration and Select HTML Docs.

>Fix:

I'd put that version of lynx back out there, even if it isn't the latest
greatest, unless we plan to do a 2.2.5.1 pretty soon.  Even a symlink
from the old package name to the current one would be better than
having the documentation choice of the installation system fall over.