Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 01:55:34 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        pst@shockwave.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do you grab multiple files from various locations?

(BTW, no need to send mail to asami@freebsd.org as well as
 ports@freebsd.org....I'll just get multiple copies and read them at
 the same time.  If you want to contact me directly (without the mail
 accumulating on my freefall account until I have time), send mail to
 "asami@cs.berkeley.edu".)

 * I actually went into the bsd.port.mk file and basename'ed the distfiles,
 * but I assume that that is utterly bogus.  You said you had a way of pulling
 * down multiple url's in different directories for a given port, how do you do
 * it?

Just define multiple MASTER_SITES and DISTFILES.  For each element in
${DISTFILE}, bsd.port.mk will try every one of the ${MASTER_SITES},
and complain if one of the files is not available on any of them.

You'll need a fairly new bsd.port.mk though, it went into the -current
branch on 8/29 and -stable branch in 9/19.

Satoshi