Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:44:41 -0700
From:      "Scott Simmons" <ssimmons@juniper.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   All PCMCIA devices fail upon insertion

All pcmcia cards inserted into the laptop display on 5.0-RELEASE #0
pccard0: Card has not functions!
cbb0: PC Card card activation failed.

The laptop is a IBM Thinkpad 600x and I am using the SMC 2632W.  I have =
also tried 3Com adpaters also.  I verified that both are supported via =
the web.  From what I can tell it appears that the pccard services are =
not loading even though they appear to in the messages file.

It appears that both cbb0 and cbb1 load as they are recognized as TI1450 =
PCI-CardBus Bridge as well as both slots pccard0 and pccard1. =20

Please let me know the correct list to send these type of questions to =
also.

Thanks,
/scott