Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:53:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PermitRootLogin = forced-commands-only

cvsup'd on the 7th, running 4.6-STABLE

created dsa keys for root on machine A, put public key on machine B in
root's authorized_keys2.

If I set PermitRootLogin to 'without-password' in B's sshd_config things
work as expected...  if I do ssh root@b "date" from A I'm prompted for the
passphrase, enter it, get the date output from b.

If I set PermitRootLogin to 'forced-commands-only' and try to do the same
command I'm prompted for the passphrase, then I am prompted with
"password", after 3 bad guess's it then prompts for root@b's password.

Is there something else that needs to be done to only allow commands to be
executed on machine B? Do I somehow have to specify both without-password
and forced-commands-only for PermitRootLogin?