Date:      Wed, 4 May 2016 15:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        guru@unixarea.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: head / poudriere && devel/llvm37 Killing timed out build after 86400 seconds

On  3 May, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Tuesday, May 03, 2016 a las 10:11:44AM +0100, Bob Eager escribió:
>
>> I was forced to build llvm37 without documentation. It worked then.
>
> My poudriere oven at home is a Dell M4400 with 2 CPUs and 4 GB RAM. I
> have built devel/llvm37 right now outside of poudriere in some VM on the same
> system as the jail, but DOCS disabled. The build of the the package took
> around 90 minutes. The VM has only 3 GB RAM.
>
> I'm now a bit confused.
>
> I will re-run the single port in my poudriere oven, as well with DOCS
> disabled, and report back.

I see sporadic failures when building docs.  I attributed the failures
to my use of parallel jobs.  My package build box has 32 GB of RAM and 8
CPU cores and ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS=yes in poudriere.conf.  My build errors
look like this:

Exception occurred:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/wrkdirs/usr/ports/devel/llvm37/work/.build/do
cs/_doctrees/Frontend'
The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-eHsAw7.log, if you want to
report the issue to the developers.

but with different directories each time.

Most times I get a successful build, but it takes quite a while.