Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:30:03 -0400
From:      Robert Leo Hilliard Heuer <robert@altavoz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   inode state...

Hi there!

   Does ne1 knows what the inode state of a process mean or where I can
find info about them?

   I have some perl programs running from a cron table, every 10
minutes. I cannot detect when they cannot write to the filesystem. When
that happens, a single ls to the implied partition freezes, and the
process using that partition are unkillable (all of them are at inode
state). I have to reboot the machine.

   This machine had more than a year of uptime. The operating system
version is 4.4-STABLE.

Any help...please.

--
There's a daemon locked up on your PC...
Unleash it with FreeBSD!