Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 18:24:30 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com (ED WOLPERT)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp in auto mode question

ED WOLPERT stands accused of saying:
> network connection is being attempted by the user.  Has anyone seen this?  It does
> not occur for root, and the .cshrc files are the same as the one created from the
> adduser command, except the SHELL is changed to tcsh (from csh).  Ideas?

I've verified that starting tcsh causes a nameserver lookup; as yet, I don't
know what it is (too lazy I guess 8), but it's got to go 8)

FWIW, I use hosts-then-bind, and all my local hosts are in the file,
so I'm a little puzzled as to _what_ it's resolving.

>                            Edward Wolpert

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[