Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:22:42 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   correct way for installing python extensions for 3.3?

--aVD9QWMuhilNxW9f

Currently I'm using python 2.7.3 because numpy required it. It seems that
numpy some other extensions can now be installed for python3.

Numpy for python 2.7.3 is already installed, and now I want to install it
for python 3.3 as well. I'm just not sure how to do that? Reading
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk implies that setting PYTHON_VERSION in
/etc/make.conf should only be done if you want to build extensions with an
older binary. Is that still correct?

In other words: what is the best way to install numpy and other extensions =
for
different major versions of python?

Roland
--=20