Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:20:22 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <atabraga@iqm.unicamp.br>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modem onboard

As far as I'm aware ALL onboard modems are winmodems ...
motherboards with onboard video / sound / modem / whatever
are more often than not budget level things so you don't often
get the best components in them. You might be lucky enough to
get everything working, but I generally find it more straightforward
to use a motherboard that allows me to select exactly what bits
I want.