Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 1997 13:47:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp18.tar.gz

> Well Luigi, are you going to retrofit 2.2's isa.c?

I just checked the differences between the two files. In the functions
related to DMA the only significant difference is that in my code
isa_dmastatus() returns 0 instead of -2 if the channel is not active
(both the busy and auto_mode flags are 0). I prefer this because a
count of 0 means that the transfer is complete anyways, and it is not
required to check the exception in the caller (which would have to map
th e"-2" to 0 anyways).

	Luigi