Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:40:57 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcmplay locks machine

Hello !

I have a little trouble with pcmplay utility. I have used tosha from the
ports tree to "rip" audio tracks and it works just fine with my Toshiba
drive. Problem is, that I do Ctrl-C while playing those pcm files. If I do
that in the early stage of playing (5...7 seconds from beginning) then
Crtl-C simply stops playing, but example doing that after 30 seconds hangs
machine.

Under X machine locks _VERY_ solid, I can't do nothing and your best first
aid is hard reset.  Under ordinary console I can switch virtual consoles
but no more.

Sincerely

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee