Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:43:29 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix 2000...

On 9/29/00, 11:11:47 AM, Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM> wrote
regarding Re: Unix 2000...:

> I have heard that Microsoft plans to convert the Hotmail.com servers
from
> FreeBSD to Windows. I am having to write this letter on FreeBSD
because I
> can't get Windows 2000 Advanced Server to see my modem, an internal
> Sportster. Let us hope that Bill Gates has better luck than I have had=

> with Windows.

> Paul Smith
> stork@qnet.com

I seem to understand that the process is far from completion. The
difficulties on the part of M$ clearly show that NT is decidedly not
the right tool for the job. If they are bent on wasting time (and
money) on this project, then so be it.

On the other hand, others might argue that they [have] NEVER meant to
design the right tool. But that's another story :-)

Best regards,
Salvo