Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:25:11 -0800
From:      Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Natd IPFW and getting PC anywhere to function!

Ok here is another routing question for NATD/IPFW.
I have 4.1-Stable running as my Dual Homed Host
I have www, dns, ftp, mail server. etc...

Now I have one Nic xl0 my Natd interface and outside connection.

I then have my Internal Interface xl1 running DHCPD server as well.

I know the ports for Pcanywhere for TCP/IP connection is 5631-5633

here is my natd.conf file

#dynamic yes
use_sockets yes
same_ports yes

redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.111:5632 5632
redirect_port udp 192.168.1.111:5632 5632

Now I cant connect to a machine as a test .. say
internally I have a box with PCanywhewre on it and want to connect
but I cannot?  I have not tried from outside yet?

My firewall rules is set to OPEN
and it is also set to quiet="no"

If anyone who has this setup similar or can tell me exactly what I am doing
wrong please show me.  I know I want to do ONE to ONE NAT

Because we want to use DSL from home PCANYWHERE to logon
to our INTERNAL machines so heck we could even run some programs from
the server!! : )))

Thanks again great  ones!

-Kurt