Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:56:41 +0900
From:      Itsuro Saito <saito@miv.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        sanpei@yy.cs.keio.ac.jp
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/2590: New ports collection -- jp-a2ps-1.39

>   I found some problems about jp-a2ps.
>
> (1)
>   I can't find jp-a2ps-1.39 in www.freebsd.org. I found from
> 	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/jp-a2ps.1.39.tar.gz
>   I think that incoming directory is in this one
I'm sorry. That's true.

> (2) Makefile:
> CATEGORIES+=    japanese print
>           ~
>    I think that there is no need to append `+'.
I corrected this problem.

> (3) pkg/PLIST
>   a2ps is installed to a2ps.pl via Makefile. But pkg/PLIST was
> written as below.
>  * bin/a2ps-j
>   I can't make package :-<. Please check Makefile and PLIST.
>   I would like to name jp-a2ps `a2ps-j' or only `a2ps'.
Perl version a2ps(this port) writer said that it was better named
"a2ps.pl" than named "a2ps-j" because C version a2ps writer planed to
support japanese and "a2ps-j" would confuse perl version and C
version.
But, currently only perl version a2ps support japanese, so I name
this package "a2ps-j".

I put new jp-a2ps ports to
  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/jp-a2ps-1.39-new.tar.gz

I'm sorry to trouble you such simple mistake.
                                            Saito Itsuro
                                  E-Mail:saito@miv.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp