Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:51:07 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
Cc:        gabor@kovesdan.org, pgj@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, keramida@FreeBSD.org, trhodes@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A patch for the 'geom' chapter

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:36:07 +0200
Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I recently completed the Greek translation of the geom chapter  and (as
> it has become customary) I also created a patch for the English
> version.  So I 'd thought to call all my usual reviewers (and anyone
> else who cares to comment):
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~manolis/geom.txt
>
> A brief description of (some) changes:
>
> - Added the messages returned by a gstripe command (as requested by the
> original author)
> - Change the /mnt as a permanent mount point in fstab, suggested in an
> example. Since /mnt is normally used for temporary administrator mounts,
> it makes sense to create a specific mount point for a permanent mount.
> - Convert a vi editing session to a <note>. The user is free to choose
> his editor - although the original vi instructions are handy and should
> not be removed
> - It seems glabel can create both permanent and temporary labels that
> are not file system specific. Reworded the relevant paragraphs
> - Add a complete example of labeling a boot disk's partitions, so it can
> be used on another controller, or indeed, system
> - Journaling does not store the log on the last sector (only metadata
> that shows the volume is journaled)
> custom kernel
> - Add a reference to my gjournal-desktop article ;)
> - Minor rewording in paragraphs above / below the actual changes to
> avoid repeating the same information
>
> This is a somewhat lengthy patch, for those that feel better reading the
> build, here it is:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~manolis/geom.html
>
> Any and all comments appreciated :)

This looks pretty good actually.  I would probably change the
following:

+      <example>
+	<title>Labeling Your Boot Disk's Partitions</title>

to:

<title>Labeling Partitions on the Boot Disk</title>

And there are a lot of "You" references.  I've tried to write
this without invoking the user as much as possible and may
make reading the entire chapter difficult.  I would prefer
we not talk to the user though.

--
Tom Rhodes