Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:44:04 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net>
Cc:        Antranig Vartanian <antranigv@freebsd.am>, Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>, =?utf-8?Q?Goran_Meki=C4=87?= <meka@tilda.center>
Subject:   Re: The Case for Rust (in the base system)

> On 31 Jan 2024, at 11:15, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net> wrote:
>=20
>> I don=E2=80=99t want to do a what-aboutism, but if all we=E2=80=99re =
looking for is a good and
>> secure system programming language, the alternatives are nicer.
> The is no such thing as secure system programming language.
> Security come only from proper programming practices.

While I think I agree with the arguments against including Rust, there =
are programming languages that make it
really hard to manage the possible interactions between components and =
hence expose you to security issues.=20

C is the =E2=80=9Crust golden=E2=80=9D example. Complexity can become =
unbearable and it can be compared to programming in assembler. ;)

Borja.