Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:18:41 -0400
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Salvo Bartolotta" <bartequi@inwind.it>, "Daan Franke" <daan@websilon.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A sick little box

> On 9/4/00, 1:20:35 PM, Daan Franke <daan@websilon.nl> wrote regarding A
> sick little box:
>
> > I also tried to recompile my kernel but that was a no go because of
> this
> > error on the make depend (it also gives this error on the GENERIC
> kernel)
> > I get this error message:
>

> > ===> agp
> > @ -> /usr/src/sys
> > machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
> > make: don't know how to make agp_if.c. Stop
> > *** Error code 2
>
> > Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
> > *** Error code 1
>
> > Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/GBL.

Well, 4.0-REL didn't have any agp code in it, so it looks like you've
cvsup'd a copy of the 4.1-REL source code somewhere along the line.  If you
did, be sure to use the 4.1-REL versions of /usr/sbin/config and
/usr/share/mk/*, since they change between versions and need to be kept in
sync.  The other alternative is to cvsup the 4.0-REL source code and use
your existing build tools to build your kernel.

--
Matthew Emmerton
GSI Computer Services