Date:      Fri, 12 May 2006 20:24:31 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Jonathan Horne <jhorne@dfwlp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, justin <justins@justnosweat.net>
Subject:   Re: libphp5.so not compiling for apache (was hello)

--------------enigE5BA6BC8618647749D12E3E0

Jonathan Horne wrote:
>> I `ve got a question about installing the php5 module.
>> I`m installing it from the /usr/ports/www/php5-session port.
>>
>> Everything runs ok and it seems like the module is installed.
>> There is only one problem, in the httpd.conf there is a LoadModule
>> php5_module refering to libexec/apache/libphp5.so.
>>
>> The library libphp5.so is not made by the install and so my appache wi=
ll
>> not start with the php5 enabled.
>>
>> What is wrong and what can i do to let the install make the libphp5.so=
=2E

>> Ok thanks in advance,
>> Justin.
>>

>=20
> i was having the same issue yesterday.  take a look at the
> /usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile.  this was where my problem was, and tho =
> didnt use the www/php5-session, i would make a bet that if you begin fr=
om
> there with  no php5 installed at all, then it backs up and begins from
> lang/php5, and then moves on from there.
>=20
> the problem with my lang/php5/Makefile was, that this line was not
> included (totally not there... not even there and commented out):
>=20
> WITH_APACHE=3D    yes
>=20
> once i added it, did a pkg_delete -r php5-5.1.4 (-r =3D recurse all
> dependencies against this package), and started over, the lib file
> compiled on the next attempt.
>=20
> the port for php5-5.1.2 included that line, and therefor the lib file
> compiled by default previously.  im not sure if the omission of
> "WITH_APACHE=3D    yes" was by intention or not, but ill have to be sur=
e to
> check it for near future installs.

The canonical way to do this is by typing 'make config' in the lang/php5
port, and making sure the 'Apache' checkbox is checked.  Then reinstall
php5. This will create a supplementary makefile under /var/db/ports/ whic=
will set various options according to your desires, and which will persis=
across ports updates and so forth.  It is, however, a bit of a bug in the=

whole options processing thing that if the list of available options chan=
ges,
you aren't prompted to redo the configuration step when you go to update
the port.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20