Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:49:34 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geom - help ...

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 11:49:20AM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>=20
> >Basically, I have 5x72G drives ... I'd *love* to do RAID5 with them, but=
 that doesn't appear to be available right now
>=20
> Maybe you could try geom_raid3 instead? It's pretty nice, especially for =
databases. The only caveat is that you cannot boot off it if you use all th=
e drives. Maybe raid3(3=20
> drives for data)+mirror(2 disks for system) will be useful to you (since =
you can boot a mirrored drive).
>=20
> (note that geom_raid3 is not RAID3 as theoretically defined, but more lik=
e RAID4).

This is RAID3, RAID4 is totally different.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc--