Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:22:55 -0500
From:      Richard Cox <conardcox@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   No sound volume control in KDE

Hello All,
	I'm hoping somebody else has encountered and fixed this issue.  I just did a
fresh install of freebsd 5.2 RC2, and have everything working nicely
including sound (emu10k1).  The only problem I have is that kmix cannot
adjust the sound volume.  Mixer works fine, but once I get into KDE, KMix
lets me move the slider around all I want to, but the volume doesn't change
one bit.  I have the sound set to AUTODETECT in the KDE control panel, and I
know artsd can handle the sound output.  I've tried the OSS setting as well,
but it didn't make any difference.  Any ideas of things to try/look into?

Thanks in advance,

Richard