Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:29:01 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS SC-200 vs SC-875

At 09:22 AM 2/19/97 +0100, J Wunsch wrote:
>As Mike Tancsa wrote:
>
>>  Or should I pay a little
>> extra for the Ultra version ? We dont have any ultra drives just yet...
>> Would it matter for now?
>
>Obviously, the Ultra version wouldn't get you anything then, but it
>doesn't harm either.  If you plan to buy Ultra drives in the future,
>well then it's ``already there''.
>
>>  Also, how are the drivers for the NCR based SCSI
>> controllers ? Are they as stable as the Adaptec ones ?
>
>At least as stable.

Thanks for the response.... As Craig Shaver reccomended, I think I will end
up getting the Ultra card for now and use it as a standard SCSI controller
in the 2.1.5 news box... When 2.2 release comes out, I will upgrade the O/S
and perhaps wangle an ULTRA drive out of the boss and use the card more to
its potential...

	---Mike