Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 2020 10:12:32 +1000
From:      Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne@heuristicsystems.com.au>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASLR/PIE status in FreeBSD HEAD

I'm on a similar ride.  We run applications in both i386 and amd64 jails
with FreeBSD's ASLR enabled (sendmail, squid, apache, ...) and all good.

On the build server, the i386 jail with aslr enabled wasn't able to
build gcc9; so this was disabled kern.elf32.*.

ntp was the only real application that didn't play nicely with aslr.
Fortunately, this was very helpful:

/usr/bin/proccontrol -m aslr -s disable /usr/local/sbin/ntpd...

And yes we started with HardenedBSD which was very successful in late
2018, and contains many good ideas.