Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:08:15 +1100
From:      "Leo Kliger" <leo@astea.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Greetings

ROTFL........ some of the things this group puts up with
is at times quite funny......
Leo

----------
From: Spam Me Here <bearmaps@berkeleycs.ml.org>
To: Marty Leisner <leisner@rochester.rr.com>
Cc: D. Gregory <gregoryd@kersur.net>; freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Monday, 15 March 1999 04:38 PM

>  I'm perplexed by the demon caricature that you use.

You are interested in using a web server, did you know that another name
for a web server is a http daemon?

did you know their are also ftp daemons, NFS daemons, sendmail Daemons,
samba Daemons, Finger daemons, etc. Daemons are a common term used to
describe daemons ( background procces, like mentioned earlier ). Did you
know that you can also mount, finger, and touch things with unix?

Many companies consider fingering to be a security risk, and don't let
their user's finger each other, but not me. User's of my server are free
to finger anyone they want. We have a very liberal policy with fingering.

> I'd want to avoid using art work that could be construed by my peers

Did you know Microsft came out with a product called Back Office, that is
commonly called Back Oriface. You'd want to make sure to stay away from
that too.

> Personally, I'd go with an old smelly sneaker.  Now that's COOL.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

p.s. My favorite text editor is Simple EX, and I use the beer http server
( berkeleycs.ml.org/~bear/beer )