Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 23:21:46 +0200
From:      Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>
To:        paulrcarl@earthlink.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disk Partioning

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

* paulrcarl@earthlink.net <paulrcarl@earthlink.net> [2002-05-03 13.47 -0800=
]:
> Thanks for Nothing!
> I asked for help. Not guessing Games.

What do you mean, "guessing games"?

> I know where the manual is and how to read it.

Good!

FWIW,
> > * paulrcarl@earthlink.net <paulrcarl@earthlink.net> [2002-05-03 09.58 -=
0800]:
> > > The partioning software... WindRiver 4 CD distribution simply
> > > doesn't respond to my attempts to specify 20Gb or 4500 Blocks or
> > > whatever it needs to begin partioning.  Need help.
[...snip...]

What does this *mean*? What do you mean by "doesn't respond"?

You have an empty hard-disk, right? And you see a screen with 'FDISK
Partition Editor' to the top and right, as described in the handbook?

You should see your hd marked 'unused'. Press C (for create slice).
You want a bsd-slice (165 I think). Select it's size (in MB, i.e=20
type in '20000MB').

Is this roughly what's not working for you? You've got to provide
some info about the errors you're getting, or you'll receive
messages saying "read the handbook!"

HTH
--=20
Martin Karlsson - 0x9C924660