Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:08:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   snd970821.tgz available

A new snap of my sound driver is available at

    http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970821.tgz
    ftp://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970821.tgz

With respect to the previous snap, this one includes many changes to
the documentation, some improvements to the DMA code with added
functionalities to support real time applications, and a driver for
"timidity", a midi-to-pcm converter.

I have tested the driver with raplayer3.0 for FreeBSD, the realaudio
player, and it works pretty well.

Also, I have done a bit more testing on OPTi931 devices (they work
fine in play, but do not in capture mode) and added PnP ids for
some cards for which I got feedback from the users.

Please try out this code, and send feedback on how it works. I am
interested in success and failures. In both cases try to include
details on your sound card, and possibly the output of "dmesg" (the
section related to PnP probe and to audio device attach).

	Cheers
	Luigi