Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:30:59 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: Does xmp still run in FreeBSD?

     The xmp author mailed me recently and is interested in supporting xmp
on FreeBSD.  If anyone has time and would like to do a quick port, it
sounds like you'd have help direct from the source (if needed).

     xmp is a multi-format sound player sporting GUS and AWE support.  See
attached info from the sunsite LSM file.

     Please contact Claudio <claudio@lobo.inf.ufpr.br> if you're interested.

Thanks,

Randall

-----Forwarded message from Claudio Matsuoka <claudio@pos.inf.ufpr.br>-----

I haven't checked this in the recent versions - would it be possible for
you (when you have time of course) to try to build xmp 1.1.4 in a
FreeBSD box?

The package is in http://www.merdre.net/~claudio/xmp or in
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/incoming/Linux -- I think the french site is down
so you probably will need to get the package from sunsite. Or I can send
it to you in an email attach or something.

Best regards,
claudio