Date:      Fri, 20 May 2005 14:11:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Se=E1n_C=2E_Farley?= <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        davidxu@freebsd.org
Subject:   sigsuspend() and nanosleep() bugs

--0-116671042-1116614953=:42991

I have been having problems finding a bug (gnu/77818[1]) when running
gdb with any program from zsh.  This is when a variable is set within
=2Ezshrc from a back-tick command.

In my search to find the actual bug I did run into kern/80130[2] since
my source tree was dated one day before the fix.  Argh!  :)

Unfortunately, it was not my bug.  Here is my last post to gnu/77818:

I am using 5.4-STABLE with sources from May 15th's:

FreeBSD thor.farley.org 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Sun May 15
01:46:56 CDT 2005     root@thor.farley.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THOR
i386

I have a new test program[1] that I think shows the problem.  My
previous program actually showed another bug that has since been fixed.
Actually, it shows two problems.  When run within the debugger
(SHELL=3D/bin/sh gdb a.out), the parent will be stuck waiting for a signal
it will never receive in sigsuspend().

The other problem is that nanosleep() is exiting immediately with a
return of zero (no error) although the time to sleep has not passed.  To
see it do this, remove the BROKEN_NANOSLEEP_WITHIN_GDB definition at the
top of the program and recompile.

Does anyone else see the same problems from running my test program
(parent.c)?  I should probably open another PR on the nanosleep().

Thank you for any help.

Se=E1n

P.S.  David, I am unable to send you e-mails directly since there is a
filter at your server that complains about having more than 4 "Received"
headers in the e-mail.

   1. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dgnu/77818
   2. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/80130
   3. http://www.farley.org/freebsd/tmp/parent.c