Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:20:10 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I am trying to install the cvsup port  with out the gui

John Daniel wrote:

> i use to use the cvsup-bin port but I no longer see it. I don't want to
> install a gui but the default for the cvsup port seems to require a gui.
>
> system 4.4r
> p166
> 32m
>
> How do i tell the port not to install the gui (xfree86, etc)? Is there a
> switch I have to use to tell make not to use the gui?  Do I have to modify
> the make file?
>
> I was looking at the make file and it said I should define \"WITHOUT_X11\"
> How do i do that?
>
> How can i find out what my options are when I install a port?

You really should look at the INDEX. There is a versions without-gui.
It is "Port:   cvsup-without-gui-16.1f". When you cvsup ports-all, you
have to update the INDEX. It isn't updated nearly as frequently as the
ports are. You can either do a "make index" or run "portsdb -uU".

If you are trying to bootstrap your way in, use the 16.1e version on
http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/

Kent

--
Kent Stewart