Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:08:21 -0600
From:      Steve Suhre <steve@pasta.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail

Hope it's ok to ask a sendmail question here, I've exhausted the news
groups and web....

I'm running sendmail 8.12 and it seems to have a "MAIL FROM" test in it
somewhere. Mail "FROM" is not an effective spam defense and I have it
locked down otherwise, so I want to shut off the "MAIL FROM" test in
sendmail. I have a client who sends out email alerts using the server
and uses a random invalid return address for each alert. Sendmail is
rejecting the messages based on the From field. I have their server's IP
address in the relay-domains file, but it's ignoring that and rejecting
the mail anyway.

I've tried adding the address to the virtusertable db, aliases, and the
access db as "RELAY" as "name+*" ,  and sendmail still rejects the messages.

ANY ideas will be appreciated.....

--

Steve Suhre
steve@pasta.net