Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 01:43:28 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        broome@msiadmin.cit.cornell.edu (Paul Broome-MSI Visitor-USA BRL)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, broome@allegory.cs.wesleyan.edu, paulb@linux.magnus1.com, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: QIC-02 not found in installation/ok in UserConfig

Paul Broome-MSI Visitor-USA BRL stands accused of saying:
> dev           address    vec  dma  comment
>
> tape        0x220=0x224    3   3   type=archive

All looks OK.

> that seemed to have no effect.   I also removed the Digiboard and the floppy
> disk on unit 1 from the computer.  (Note that `probe' is no longer there
> contrary to the documentation. `probe` was indeed available in 2.0.5 but it
> didn't help me because the utility sees the tape drive as expected.)  I set

Probe is potentially dangerous, hence its removal.

> I had earlier tried booting with 2.0.5-RELEASE and with 951026-SNAP and had the
> same problem.  When I exit the kernel configuration utility I see that wt0 is
> recognized but it does not show up in the <Alt> F2 screen (DEBUG) after
> the "Welcome to FreeBSD!" There I see "ioctl(3, TIOCCOMS, NULL) = 0 (success),"
> "Found a device of type disk named: wd0," and
> "Found a device of type floppy named: fd0."

There's an error in release/sysinstall/devices.c : "wt0" should be "rwt0".
I'm cc:ing this to Jordan (the author of sysinstall) in the hope that
it'll be fixed for 2.1 (about to be released)

> -Paul

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[