Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:38:31 +0100
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-STABLE /usr/local/etc/rc.d doesn't start at boot time ?

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:11:38PM -0800, Crist J . Clark wrote:
> > > But the more likely cause, did you run mergemaster(8) or update /etc
> > > manually? If you updated /etc/rc without updating
> > > /etc/defaults/rc.conf,  your script startup will be broken.

> I'm guessing the problem is with "$script_name_sep," but I would
> advise updating /etc/defaults/rc.conf as a whole rather than a
> band-aid fix in /etc/rc.conf.

Hi Crist,

I ran mergemaster and did an update of almost all scripts I hadn't changed,
including /etc/defaults/rc.conf and /etc/rc
I rebooted the server a minute ago, but the few scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d
are still not being started.
I'm going to look for the "$script_name_sep" which you pointed out before
to see what's the problem. Do you have any clues about why they still won't
start ? (I did let mergemaster copy the updated ones over the old ones; i
didn't merge them so that should be ok)

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers