Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2020 01:09:37 -0500
From:      Clay Daniels <clay.daniels.jr@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20200409-r359731: drm-kmod failure?

I removed what I thought was FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20200402-r359556
snapshot yesterday. It was working fine. I loaded the 20200409-r359731
snapshot, rebooted, installed drm-kmod, and it booted into the first
"flash" screen where there is a great light show as normal, but stalled out
there.

Today I cleaned up the partition and re-installed. I put the appropriate
line in /etc/rc.conf: kld_list='amdgpu" but DID_NOT use the line I have
been adding to /boot/loader.conf: hw.syscons.disable=1 . This time there
was more no nice graphics light show, but it stalled with db> debug prompt.
The section was where it tries to load drm-kmod & amdgpu.

Just now I reloaded r359556 from Apr 2. It works just fine. I will use this
until next weeks Thursday Current snapshot,, and see what happens.

clay