Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:28:10 +0200 (EET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   quotas based on GID

hello
there is an option about quotas which allows you to
set the same quota for the users between a specified
range of UID, how can I give the same quota to users
which has same GID?

from man edquota ;
  If the -p option is specified, edquota will duplicate the quotas of the
  prototypical user specified for each user specified.  This is the normal
  mechanism used to initialize quotas for groups of users.  If the user
  given to assign quotas to is a numerical uid range (e.g. 1000-2000), then
  edquota will duplicate the quotas of the prototypical user for each uid
  in the range specified.  This allows for easy setup of default quotas for
  a group of users.  The uids in question do not have to be currently
  assigned in /etc/passwd.