Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:51:44 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Diana Mummey <mummey2@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual Boot

Diana Mummey wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Diana Mummey and I just installed FreeBSD on my compaq

	Welcome Diana. :)

> on a dual
> boot? When I turn on my computer, it comes to the screen that says
>
> F1 Dos
> F2 FreeBSD
>
> But it will only let me hit F1. If I hit the F2 key, nothing happens. If I
> hit the F1 key, it boot windows.
> My question is, is there a way for me to use the boot disks I made to tell
> it to boot FreeBSD if my computer won't let me hit F2?

	We need to know a few more details. First, what version of FreeBSD did you
install? If it's not 4.1-Release, you should be installing that one. We've
fixed a number of bugs, including the one that's probably affecting you.
Second, what size is your hard drive? Finally, which did you install first?
If you installed freebsd first, windows probably blew away something that
freebsd needs to boot, so chances are if that's the case reinstalling
freebsd (4.1 :) should fix you right up.

	If this doesn't work, please feel free to write back to the list with more
details.

Good luck,

Doug