Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 21:30:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      C Pitzer <cpitzer@megsinet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd skipping mp3

I am using FreeBSD 4.0 and a soundblaster 16, and using the pcm drivers. When I
play mp3's with any player, the sound will skip during file operations. I have
two maxtor 7200 rpm drives on the primary controller. Only seems to do this
with X running. It didn't do this in 3.4 with the sb0 driver, so I think that
might be the cause. If anybody knows how to fix this please let me know.

thanks
Chris