Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:05:18 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu (Wicked Angel)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HPFS

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Wicked Angel wrote:
> . . . . .
> I mounted the partition fine, but will FreeBSD read and write to it?
>
> It's a HPFS(os/2) partition, on a extended partition.
>
> As I said, it mounts fine, but goes crazy when I type 'ls' :)

FS	OS		Supported
FAT	MS-DOS		Yes (Currently being revised)
VFAT    Windows95	Real Soon Now
HPFS	OS/2		No
NTFS	Windows NT	No

The filesystems are actually very different, except for FAT/VFAT.  As you
observed, trying to use one in place of another just results in a mess.
Though I guess it shouldn't let you get that far. :-(

--
Robert Nordier