Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:24:51 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Jukka Simila <lmkjuksi@info1.info.tampere.fi>
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fave Window Manager... found it.

At 03:33 PM 6/24/98 +0300, Jukka Simila wrote:

>in fact i don't use virtual desktops :) (aren't the v desktops the most
>important advantage in ctwm compared to twm..? ..nae, who cares)

I'll tell you a little secret - I don't use them very often either... but
they're nice to have available if needed.  I just have a block of four set
up in the Fvwm2 pager, and that's all I need, period, end of story.

>i don't miss any modules i remember from fvwm2 ..

You don't remember the 'buttons' module, the pager, the audio module for
sound, the iconbox module so you get icons when you minimize programs
inside a box instead of floating all over the desktop?  Also, I found an
addon for Fvwm2 the other day called "Tkgoodstuff" that adds a bunch more
modules.  You should take a look at my desktop BTW, it's starting to look
pretty darn good... One of these days I'll get a program that takes screen
shots, and put one up on my web site :-)

>what is an advanced BSD user? (my friend is an system administrator in a
>company .. they have fbsd and he has fbsd at home also.. and he uses ctwm.
>i think his motto is: simple is beautiful :) (btw - that's why i got ctwm
-, i
>totally fell in love with it's outlook and feel at my friend)

Glad YOU found the Window manager you like.  Me, I wanted something not
quite so simple, yet not something outrageously complex like KDE.  So, in
conclusion, there are at least 50 different window managers available just
in the packages, and probably a hundred more from other sources, it's a big
world, so I'm glad that both of us found what we were looking for!

>btw.. sorry my english (if someone noticed it was english :)

Actually your English is quite good... I've seen a heck of a lot worse :-)

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.