Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 17:49:43 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        efb@cotdazr.org (Everett F Batey II)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, efb@oxnardsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still cant use ed1

Everett F Batey II stands accused of saying:

> NO I CANT lose all this work and rebuild the disk .. NO I cant find
> the original before values were saved ..
>
> I have a 486DX.66, 16M, FreeBSD_2.0.5 from CDs.  I have a "TrendNet"
> NE-2000 Clone which is found along with its ethernet address upon
> boot up .. I have yet to find ANY combo of values for the boot: -c
> choices to get a live ed1 connection to the other ethernet devs on
> the coax (TE2000 has 10B2 and UTP conns) .. most recently tried ..
>   ed1 0x300 5 -1 0xd8000 ... and 0x300 10 -1 ...

Why are you not just setting the parameters to match what the card
is set to?  And is it ed0 or ed1 that is being found during the
probes?

> I get two ifconfig msgs about "no such interface" .. netstat -nr
> only shows the lo0 and after I start PPP .. tun0 ..

What about netstat -ni ?

> Some help and ideas on troubleshooting this would be really welcome.

Sure.  Sounds like the first step is to work out what the card's harware
is set to.

> /Ev/

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[