Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:04:10 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Petri Riihikallio <petri.riihikallio@metis.fi>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sshguard-1.6.3 IPFW tule missing

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016, at 07:36, Petri Riihikallio wrote:
> Hello
>=20
> After upgrading my ports I noticed the rule "deny ip from table(22) to
> me=E2=80=9D wasn=E2=80=99t being applied after a reboot. In 1.6.2 it was,=
 if I recall
> correctly. When SSHGuard IPFW support was rewritten I had the table rule
> in my local config. Then it appeared in the port so I removed mine. I
> guess the current situation is an oversight. Just for you to know.
>=20

I'm not aware of sshguard automatically adding the "deny ip from
table(22) to me" rule to ipfw. This would be a very difficult thing to
do reliably as a complex firewall ruleset may need this deny rule
somewhere different than the very first rule. I certainly don't have it
as the first rule for my firewall.

--=20
  Mark Felder
  ports-secteam member