Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:00:19 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: delete key produce a ~ (tilde) in terminal

--kr14OxHsRwZHHqxS

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 09:04:28AM -0800, Casey Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> 	I am using Konsole from KDE to establish an ssh connection to my fbsd sy=
stem=20
> I have not found anyway to allow me to use the delete key as a typical de=
lete=20
> key. In /etc/ttys , it does not look like I can change the terminal type,=
 so=20
> it must be done automatically. In konsole I can use xterm, vt100, vt420 p=
c,=20
> etc. None of those allow use of the delete key though. Some obviously pro=
duce=20
> different results than others, but none are the one I need! tset didn't s=
eem=20
> to help either. I can't find any good information on this, and I think th=
is=20
> is something that should be easy. Most information just pertains to X=20
> windows.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Casey

Add a file to your home directory named .inputrc
Add the following line to it:

"\e[3~": delete-char

=2E..exit konsole and the relaunch it.

Nathan
--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--kr14OxHsRwZHHqxS

--kr14OxHsRwZHHqxS--