Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:17:16 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Oronico Wireless ethernet card on FBSD4.6

Hi, please CC me on the response, as I am temporarily not subscribed to
the list.

I've installed FBSD4.6 from the RELEASE CD's.

I'm using the GENERIC kernel until I can get this working which worked
with FBSD4.5 also from CD.
If/When I do use a custom kernel, I've kept the following from GENERIC

device card
device pcic0 at isa ? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device wi

I have a linksys DSL router setup and running DHCP working flawlessly.
I also have a DLink Wireless access point plugged into it.
I've allowed the MAC address of my wireless card on it.

my rc.conf contains
pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
pccard_ifconfig="wi0"

I've tried cheating and doing a manual setup instead of DHCP which
worked with FBSD4.5
(I asked this on the list before, and some gracious sole gave me this
solution.)

ifconfig wi0 up
wicontrol -i wi0 -q home
ifconfig wi0 192.168.1.xxx 255.255.254.0
route add -net 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1

NOTE: DHCP and everything else work flawlessly on a win2k dual boot on
the exact same computer.

Thanks for the help in advance again.

Philip