Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 21:49:33 +0200
From:      Volker Kindermann <freebsd@secspace.de>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI 3D Rage Mobility-M1 on a Sony FXA59

Hi Bill,

> SXGA screens rated at 1400x1050 and I've tried out their Modeline,
> HorizSync and VertRefresh settings with very little change.

hm, I'm missing the HorizSync and VertRefresh settings in your
XF86Config in the monitor section.

I have an IBM Thinkpad X20 (12" Screen with 1024x768) with the same
graphic chip. My XF86Config says (in the monitor section):

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "ibm"
    HorizSync   31.5 - 48.5
    VertRefresh 40-70
EndSection

hth

 -volker

--
Please don't cc me: I read the lists and don't need your message twice
:-)