Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:09:08 -0500
From:      "Matthew Zahorik" <maz@albany.net>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ethernet problem on Tsunami

: >   We'd like to convert these over, but the dc driver doesn't see the
built
: > in dual 10/100 Ethernet.  The SRM generates link, but as soon as the
kernel
: > takes control of the machine, we lose link and it never returns.
:
: You might try forcing the media type manually via ifconfig, in case
: there's something going wrong with the autonegotiation with your hub/

Yeah, I tried that when I saw "MII" in dmesg :-(  I tried all possible media
types down to 10hdx.  The same box can start a netboot and Linux's driver
sees no problem.  My gut tells me the driver is 99.9% of the way there, but
one last bit is missing.

: switch, and make sure that SRM has the correct media type set for the
: adapters.

The SRM was set to autoneg, which linked at 100/fdx.  This box is plugged
into a pair of Cisco 2984Gs, default configuration.

Thanks for the reply.

- Matt

--
Matthew Zahorik  Director of Systems and Networking - BiznessOnline.com
matt@thebiz.net  President of AlbanyNet Inc. - a BiznessOnline subsidiary