Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 20:54:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wcarchive down

> We would still have to persuade BARRNET to let us have another IP address
> and a second ethernet tap. This may not be easy. Even if we aren't
> gonna be using much (if any) bandwidth...

I guess I am not in the mood to fight to _give_ away a machine to what I
consider a worthy cause.  I was hoping that people would be a little more
enthusiastic and try to come up with ways to implement SOMETHING...

It's quite simple, really.  If you want to be able to get at the console
without being in the machine room, you need a communications medium.  You
can use phone lines.  You can use Ethernet.  You can use ham radio.  You can
use telegraph.  You can use smoke signals.  Somebody with knowledge of the
situation has to evaluate what technologies might be used.  If somebody has
to grovel with BARRNET for an IP, so be it.  If a phone line can be brought
in (this _is_ a PoP, right?), maybe that's cheaper/easier.  Whatever the
hell works.

Now, if, along the way, I can provide any technology or equipment that I
already possess or can cheaply acquire, I will do so...

... Joe