Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2018 07:54:07 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        sengupta.amit@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gkrellm not building

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:47 AM Amit Sengupta <sengupta.amit@gmail.com> wro=
te:

> Thanks a lot Adam . I do run portsnap fetch update every morning so I gue=
ss my ports are up to date. I had no idea gkrellm had become gkrellm2 becau=
se I have been using  gkrellm for many years and only recently decided to u=
pdate it.  Is there something which I should do to know that a port has cha=
nged names? I couldnt find anything in UPDATING but as you said the switch =
happened a long time back it wouldnt make sense to check UPDATING.

Something isn't right with portsnap on your machine, because those
gkrellm port files shouldn't even be on your system anymore (portsnap
should have deleted them). You might try deleting your ports tree and
re-extracting the snapshot (portsnap fetch extract).

Removed files only get an annotation in /usr/port/MOVED, but that file
isn't very end-user-friendly.

# Adam

> On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 at 19:08, Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 12:31 AM Amit Sengupta <sengupta.amit@gmail.com>=
 wrote:

>> > I am using Freebsd 11.1 Release. Recently I wanted to upgrade gkrellm =
which
>> > I use on my fluxbox desktop. I normally build everything from ports an=
d for
>> > the last week I have been trying to build  gkrellm but it keeps giving=
 the
>> > following error and quits:
>> >

>> > *portmaster sysutils/gkrellm=3D=3D=3D>>> Port directory:
>> > /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm=3D=3D=3D>>> Gathering distinfo list for in=
stalled
>> > ports=3D=3D=3D>>> Launching 'make checksum' for sysutils/gkrellm in
>> > background=3D=3D=3D>>> Gathering dependency list for sysutils/gkrellm =
from
>> > ports=3D=3D=3D>>> Initial dependency check complete for sysutils/gkrel=
lm=3D=3D=3D>>>
>> > Starting build for sysutils/gkrellm <<<=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>>> All depen=
dencies are up to
>> > date=3D=3D=3D>  Cleaning for gkrellm-1.2.13_11=3D=3D=3D>  gkrellm-1.2.=
13_11 cannot
>> > install: Unknown component imlib.*** Error code 1Stop.make: stopped in
>> > /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm=3D=3D=3D>>> make build failed for
>> > sysutils/gkrellm=3D=3D=3D>>> Aborting update=3D=3D=3D>>> You can resta=
rt from the point
>> > of failure with this command line:       portmaster <flags>
>> > sysutils/gkrellm *
>> >
>> > I tried looking up imlib in the ports and I got graphics/imlib2 which =
>> > built. But it has no effect on gkrellm. I cant find anything on imlib =
on
>> > google either. So I have no idea what should be done to get the code t=
>> > build. I run portsnap everyday so my ports list is up to date.
>> >
>> > Any pointers are most welcome.
>> >
>> > Amit
>>
>> Amit,
>>
>> The gkrellm port was removed over 4 years ago. You need to update your
>> ports tree. There are updating instructions at
>> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.h=
tml

>> Once you've updated, you can install /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm2.
>>
>> # Adam
>>

>> --
>> Adam Weinberger
>> adamw@adamw.org