Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 97 08:48:05 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosehn <gad@mlor.its.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for VirtualPC? (on the PowerMac)

On the subject of: FreeBSD for the PowerMac?
   Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@mcs.com> asks:
> Could it be done by:
>
> 1) Porting the "Lites" single server (http://www.cs.hut.fi/lites.html)
>    to PowerPC
> 2) Running it under Mach (which is already used by MkLinux)
> 3) Making the whole "world" except the kernel and libraries from
>    FreeBSD/i386.
>
> What would be a good name for this project?
> MkFreeBSD, FreeBSD/PPC, FreeBSD/MK?

First off, I'd like to say I'd be interested in a FreeBSD/PPC if
such an option existed...

Secondly, I was wondering if FreeBSD will work under VirtualPC.
I remember someone trying it and finding a bug in the VirtualPC
emulation.  VirtualPC was recently updated, and I was wondering
if anyone had tried FreeBSD after that update.  (the release notes
for the VirtualPC upgrade have nothing that suggests this bug was
fixed, but that may be just because they don't claim to officially
support FreeBSD at the moment).

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =     gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer        (MIME & NeXTmail capable)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA