Date:      Thu, 06 Dec 2012 18:10:06 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WIP: Wi-fi Geolocation Provider

On 12/05/2012 21:49, J.R. Oldroyd wrote:
> It seems that Google's Geolocation Service lookups done using an
> IPv6 address results in a location that is far, far, far away from
> where you really are, and even lookups using IPv4 addresses are often
> several km off.  Since I am increasingly running into web pages that
> want to "help me better" based on my location, it seems a more
> accurate lookup is needed.

There is also the special blue tooth protocol that can be used in, ex,
Android to connect to an external GPS provider.
So that the nearby dedicated gps or the smartphone would be able to be
the gps provider for the chrome running on the laptop. For example, open
source "Bluetooth GPS for Android " app is doing this:
https://sourceforge.net/p/bluegps4droid/git/ci/e67872ca05740d9b01a6ef14a3424ccafcb1a17c/tree/

Such blue tooth signal can also be used by chrome for geolocation service.

Yuri