Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:54:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: easily reproducible NFS-related panic

:Sorry for the cross-posting, but I am running -STABLE and I would
:like to hear from -CURRENT users about this problem.
:
:The panic is easily reproducible: simply, try to hard-link a file
:from a local filesystem to a NFS-mounted one (yes, I _know_ that
:this is non-sense):
:..
:
:  mount remotesys:/exportedfs /mnt
:  cd /mnt
:  ln /bin/ls .   --> this complaints about cross-device link, OK
:  ln /bin/ls .   --> (yes, again)
:  panic: vrele: negative ref cnt     --> CRASH!!!
:
:I have confirmed this with recent 3.0-STABLE and 3.1-BETA clients
:and servers, and also with a Solaris 2.5.1 NFS server. However,
:it does not happen on a 2.2.8-RELEASE client.
:
:Some feedback from the NFS gurus ;-) would be very useful.
:
:-- JMA
:José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
:Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas@es.FreeBSD.ORG

    This was fixed yesterday.  Get the latest -stable and see if it still
    occurs.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>